It’s no wonder oats are a superfood – they are packed with nutrients, including complex carbs for longer lasting energy and a fibre called beta-glucan, known for lowering levels of bad cholesterol. The downside, however, is that plain oats are boring!
Ditch the pre-packed flavoured oats (they’re full of refined sugars and preservatives) and try topping your oats with these ingredients. Not only will you get a better tasting breakfast, but you’ll benefit from the extra nutrition!
- For an anti-oxidant boost: Blueberries, sunflower seeds & agave
- For the tropical fruit lovers: Mango pieces & coconut flakes
- For a healthy heart: Pistachios & dried cranberries
- For a busy work day ahead: Banana, cinnamon & walnuts
- For a refreshing summer breakfast: Pineapple & mint
- For cutting weight: Mixed berries
- For when you feel like apple pie: Apple & cinnamon powder
- For pre/post work out: Peanut butter & banana
- For a Vitamin C Boost: Lemon & Kiwi
- For dessert: cocoa powder, coconut flakes & vanilla extract
Switch up cow’s milk with water, almond milk, soy milk, rice milk or coconut milk and see what works best for you. You can also add small amounts of honey, maple syrup or stevia for your sweet tooth! Never eat boring oats again 😉